Game Day Warm Up:
1. Dynamic Warm Up including stretching and dynamic movements to increase heart rate and get the feet moving.
2. Throwing and volleying to hands - goalkeeper first takes several overarm throws to server/each other followed by several volleys to each other's hands. Focus on clean catches with contour shaped hands and moving feet behind the ball to be in a balanced position.
3. Tossed balls to alternating sides for goalkeeper to dive for. Start on knees and after 10 total, repeat from a standing position.
4. Footwork through three cones - arrange three cones laterally about 2 feet apart from each other. Goalkeeper starts by moving laterally with 2 feet high knees footwork one direction, set and make a save. Repeat other direction. 6-8 repetitions on each save.
1. 2 touch passes
2. Ball from ground to goalkeeper's hands
3. Low, hard ball on ground for front smother
4. Ball from feet for collapse dive (vary height of balls)
5. 2 saves - one collapse dive followed directly by a bouncing ball for goalkeeper to get up quickly and save a high ball.
5. Shots from different angles around the18 yard box.
6. Crosses from each side.
7. Punts and goalkicks - this can either be taken toward another coach or teammate/goalkeeper or into the net.